Starting off the week with a socialite flair: Mondays don’t always have to be bland. In the world of elite socialites, they barely even exist. I blog with the belief that one day, my life will consist of one big weekend. In a city of black, white, and grey I took the liberty of brightening up my Monday with a pair of hot pink capris with the intention of making NYC more like Miami Beach. Just like any New Yorker, I really do enjoy the combination of dressing in all black with one unique accessory to stand out, however, once the weather gets warmer, it’s time to brighten things up a bit.
Turning heads: I don’t know what stopped traffic more: Was it my hot pink pants in a rush hour traffic full of nothing, but black suits? Or was it me stopping to take pictures of myself in reflective surfaces all over the city on my way home? Either way, socialites were made to stand out and aspiring ones are no exception.
Summer shopping: As you can see, I also went shopping at H&M to expand my summer wardrobe for 2011. They have some awesome basics for summer, however, at times it was hard to figure out what was a beach coverup and what was a sundress.
Aspiring to the great wisdom of yoga: At the end of the day, I took to Yoga to the People to expand my energy within. As someone with a life as busy as mine, I need all of the endorphins I can get. Therefore, I turn to hot yoga for both energy and serenity.
Well, that was my day. What do you do on a typical Monday to make yourself more of a socialite?
Starbucks is and always has been a socialite staple. On uneventful mornings that for socialites never begin before 11:30 a.m., your favorite cup of Starbucks coffee is the perfect accessory to carry on the same arm as an oversized designer handbag. For those of you who have read my bio, you already know that I go to Starbucks daily for a Grande Unsweetened Soy Iced Coffee. Like everything in the tabloids, coffee is a great source of controversy. As a friend to some and foe to others, nothing says attitude more than those candid shots of celebs in Us Weekly walking the streets of L.A. or New York with a Starbucks in hand. So here you have it the top 10 places in NYC to enjoy your favorite brew:
10. In front of the Yale Club: When you are done shopping on 5th Ave, take some time to shop for eligible Ivy Leaguers as you enjoy a coffee. The Harvard and Penn clubs are only a block away.
9. In the lobby of the Waldorf Astoria: I have always been a fan of the old world style of the guided age and the Waldorf has it.
8. Central Park: It’s cliche, but always fun.
7. Bloomingdales: Enough said!
6. The Met Steps: They may have eaten yogurt on the Met steps in Gossip Girl, but I prefer to drink a Starbucks.
5. 14th Street in Meatpacking: I enjoy drinking coffee in the presence of designers such as Alexander McQueen and Yigal Azrouel.
4. Standing in line at Marquee: Not that I ever stand in line at a club, but if I did, I would totally sip a Grande Soy Iced Coffee as I waited.
3. Driving in a BMW down Park Ave: It always helps to have the top down.
2. Strolling the Streets of SoHo: I love going from shop to shop in SoHo sipping on my signature iced coffee.
1. 30+ Stories High: You can’t beat a brew with a view. Heights aren’t just for heels and the city lights are always brighter from up above.
The year 2011 is finally here and as an Aspiring Socialite I can’t wait to see what adventures the New Year has in store for me. In 2010, after starting this blog in February, I received personal invitations to Fashion Week, the MONET showroom, and exclusive Lord & Taylor events, but my journey to stardom has just begun. The arrival of 2011 means an entire year of new parties, fashions, and philanthropic endeavors. Will leggings stay in style or become “so last year? I’m thinking they will be in fashion for years to come. I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions, but it is my hope that more people will discover this blog the way thousands did in 2010 and get inspired to take charge of their lives through shameless self-promotion. So if you haven’t already, make it your 2011 New Year’s Resolution to stop eating your humble pie and go on a diet.
Skiing has always been a socialite sport. After the entire Northeast was covered in snow this week, in true socialite style, I couldn’t help, but take to the mountains. So what’s everyone doing for New Year’s Eve?
OPI is one of the best quality nail polish lines on the market today. Its long lasting resilience is beyond top notch, but the names in which these brilliant colors go by are utterly inspiring. With monikers such as Dating a Royal and Greenwich Village who can resist painting the town red day in and day out? For this reason, I am on mission to have OPI’s newest color named “Aspiring Socialite.”
Here are 10 reasons why OPI should name their next hottest color in honor of this blog:
10. A socialite can pull off any color.
9. Getting a manicure is a once a week activity for any aspiring socialite.
8. There is nothing wrong with wearing your pretentiousness on your sleeve.
7. Aspiring to the glossy and glamorous life while doing whatever you want is what “Aspiring Socialite” stands for.
6. Socialites are some of the biggest trendsetters.
5. Quality nail polish is important to people with good taste.
4. If someone told a socialite that they did not like their nail polish color they would still think it was fabulous.
3. I could plan a Hampton’s launch party for this new color.
2. Who doesn’t have high aspirations for their future?
1. Everyone knows that the journey of to the top is a lot more fun than actually being there.
On that note, “Aspiring Socialite” is looking forward to gracing the shelves of every nail salon and beauty supply store. Most of all, the people who read this blog are so awesome that I want to give them something tangible to represent the intangible qualities Aspiring Socialite processes. Love it!