I’ve been BFFs with my friend Marie since the 1st grade. Over the weekend she took a spontaneous trip to New York and we met up for coffee Sunday morning in Bryant Park.
While I rarely get homesick for my hometown of Wilmington, Delaware, there are certain people that I miss with all my heart. Luckily, I’ll be in Wilmington next weekend and will get to see Marie all over again. Thank goodness for best friends and summer!
Socialites have been known for their devotion to good taste. Like any great devotee, I make it a point to experience the elements of good taste on a daily basis. It is this desire that causes me to frequent Starbucks on a daily basis in search of a Venti unsweetened iced coffee with soy milk. I used to drink the grande, but I later switched to the Venti for the extra energy. I have grown to look forward to my morning and mid-day coffee runs to the point where I can not imagine life with out them. Congratulations on your 40th Anniversary Starbucks! Thank you for always being my shopping companion, morning motivation, and sometimes an unlikely source of comfort. You can find me at Starbucks tomorrow and the day after that as I continue to pay tribute to one of my favorite institutions.
Starbucks is and always has been a socialite staple. On uneventful mornings that for socialites never begin before 11:30 a.m., your favorite cup of Starbucks coffee is the perfect accessory to carry on the same arm as an oversized designer handbag. For those of you who have read my bio, you already know that I go to Starbucks daily for a Grande Unsweetened Soy Iced Coffee. Like everything in the tabloids, coffee is a great source of controversy. As a friend to some and foe to others, nothing says attitude more than those candid shots of celebs in Us Weekly walking the streets of L.A. or New York with a Starbucks in hand. So here you have it the top 10 places in NYC to enjoy your favorite brew:
10. In front of the Yale Club: When you are done shopping on 5th Ave, take some time to shop for eligible Ivy Leaguers as you enjoy a coffee. The Harvard and Penn clubs are only a block away.
9. In the lobby of the Waldorf Astoria: I have always been a fan of the old world style of the guided age and the Waldorf has it.
8. Central Park: It’s cliche, but always fun.
7. Bloomingdales: Enough said!
6. The Met Steps: They may have eaten yogurt on the Met steps in Gossip Girl, but I prefer to drink a Starbucks.
5. 14th Street in Meatpacking: I enjoy drinking coffee in the presence of designers such as Alexander McQueen and Yigal Azrouel.
4. Standing in line at Marquee: Not that I ever stand in line at a club, but if I did, I would totally sip a Grande Soy Iced Coffee as I waited.
3. Driving in a BMW down Park Ave: It always helps to have the top down.
2. Strolling the Streets of SoHo: I love going from shop to shop in SoHo sipping on my signature iced coffee.
1. 30+ Stories High: You can’t beat a brew with a view. Heights aren’t just for heels and the city lights are always brighter from up above.