Kate Middleton or should I say the Duchess of Cambridge is living every girl’s dream. Her fairy tale life got even more magical on her recent trip to the Harry Potter set in Hertfordshire. The stylish princess, accompanied by Prince William and Prince Harry, showed off her royal baby bump in a Topshop Polka Dot Skater Dress and classic black Ralph Lauren Blazer. But, the wand was her ultimate accessory.
To make this moment even more amazing, Kate toured Diagon Alley and even received a wand lesson in the Gryffindor Common Room. I wonder if Will and Kate got any nursery ideas from their trip into J. K. Rowling’s fantasy world. I’m sensing/hoping for a Harry Potter theme.
Everyone has those things around the house that are a little for lack of a better word, “different.” They bring out the more quirky side of your personality that only those closest to you could really understand. Home is one of the few places where you can truly be yourself, so people tend to keep things around that symbolize their unique spirit. Living in Manhattan, you can’t keep too much clutter around, but there are a few silly things that I refuse to part with most of which I received either in gift bags at events or as gifts from close friends and family. Above is what looks like a red Marc Jacobs lipstick, but it’s actually 100% plastic. I like to keep it in my bathroom next to my face creams to add a glamourous touch.
I’m not ashamed to admit that I have this fridge magnet featuring the wedding announcement of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge displayed prominently on my fridge. My mom’s friend noticed I’d been blogging a lot about the royal wedding so she gave me this for Christmas and I absolutely love it.
It looks like a high-tech camera lens…
But, it’s actually a mug!
Though I admit that I wasn’t crazy about Kate Middleton’s official portrait (I don’t think it did her justice), that doesn’t make her amazing style any less fabulous. What makes her style legendary is that it’s simple and attainable even to those of us who aren’t exactly royalty. So I was super excited when it was confirmed that the Duchess of Cambridge dawned the Sub Silky Tie Top by French Connection for her official royal portrait. For the everyday girl, this is the perfect top for the office or other business casual occasion.
About a week ago, the Duchess of Cambridge gave a nod to the 1960s in this Cobalt Blue Crepe Dress by Stella McCartney that is sadly, but not surprisingly SOLD OUT. Stella McCartney also designed England’s Olympic Uniforms so it’s no wonder this patriotic princess chose wear something by the designer to the National Portrait Gallery celebrating 30+ newly commissioned photographic portraits of athletes and key Olympic figures. Like everyone else, I just can’t get enough of her elegant, yet attainable style that I like to call “Basic Glam.” I would totally wear this to work or to one of my nonexistent public appearances. Why isn’t any retailer ever ready for The Kate Effect?
In a world of Kardashians, it’s important to have positive role models. So, it will be no surprise to you that mine are Pippa and Kate. It’s easy to feel connected to them when we have the same color hair and social aspirations. In honor of Pippa being rumored to be back with ex-boyfriend, Alex Loudon, a cricket-player-turned banker, I’ve recreated two of my favorite looks she has sported throughout her continuing reign of fame.
1. Love Made Love Blue Blazer with White Buttons: A royal blue blazer for Her Royal Hotness.
2. Rich & Skinny White Wedge Skinny Jeans: Having the perfect pair of white jeans is a summer essential. Plus, I love that there is a clothing company called Rich & Skinny.
3. Big Buddha Addison Grey Handbag: This classic grey bag is bound to go with a number of outfits.
4. Etienne Aigner Avion Pale Ivory/Beige Glove Leather Flats: Ivory flats are great for spring and early fall. I guess you don’t always need heels for social-climbing.
1. Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Crocheted Cotton Mini Dress: The crocheted style dress look was made popular by the Middleton sisters. They are truly taking over fashion.
2. Diba Red Rose White Patent Platforms: When walking around the big city on a warm day it’s always great to have some white wedges.
3. TOPSHOP Crop Denim Bleach Jacket: The denim jacket adds a chic casual element to the look.
4. D&G Aviator Sunglasses: Like many stars, Pippa sports sunglasses most of the time to help ease the glare of the paparazzi. Love the aviators.
5. Mulberry Pebbled Beige Glossy Baywater Bag: Whenever I go into Mulberry, I always think of Pippa and Kate and how I could see them wearing almost everything in the store making it one of my favorite brands.