My blog is truly my biggest passion. Through Aspiring Socialite, I’ve met some of the most interesting people who I now consider my close friends. It’s also literally opened doors for me at some of New York’s most exclusive events. If you’re thinking about starting a blog, I 100% suggest you do. Though I’m obsessed with creating my own content, I’m also a regular blog reader. So, today, I’m giving credit where credit is due by giving a shout out to the blogs that inspire me.
Here are my favorite fashion blogs (in no particular order) that I read on almost a daily basis:
1. Cupcakes and Cashmere: Armed with breathtaking images and a beautiful outlook on life, Emily Schuman is the ultimate fashion, food, and lifestyle blogger who brings out the California girl in all of us.
2. The Budget Babe: Dianna Baros is living proof that everyone can be ”Fab Without A Fortune.” This Mom to be has created an empire around stylish women looking to stretch a dollar.
3. Fashion Wrap Up: Fashion Wrap Up is a chic fashion blogazine out of St. Louis, Missouri founded by Christy Pastore. I love her take on red carpet fashion.
4. Lauren Conrad: From not so humble beginnings on The Hills, Lauren Conrad has built an adorable and engaging online community that pays homage to her personal style. I especially love her beauty tips and DIY projects.
5. Penny Pincher Fashion: I’ve emailed back and forth with Kim from PPF a few times and she is the sweetest person ever! She also has an amazing blog and always looks beautiful modeling the most stylish, yet affordable looks.
6. Ramshackle Glam: I met Jordan at a few blogger events back when I first started blogging and she was always super nice and supportive. Her blog is a great mixture of fashion, food, advice, and now parenting. It’s always a blast to read about Jordan’s adventures.
7. Always Judging: I connected with Courtney on Twitter a while back and I’ve been obsessed with Always Judging ever since. I wish I knew who takes her photos because they are amazing. I’m still in the market for a talented personal photographer.
8. Poor Little It Girl: Poor Little It Girl is truly a kindred spirit to Aspiring Socialite. I’m a huge fan of Cathy Anderson’s style and her commitment to keeping things under $100.
9. Refinery29: I love Refinery29 for not only being one of the greatest sources of fashion news, but also for being so much more than just a fashion blog. They also have a strong focus on current events, politics, and pop culture. The number 29 in the website’s title is said to have come from a psychic vision. When the founders asked a psychic if they would be successful in creating a site, the psychic saw great success and the number 29.
10. Fashionista.com: Fashionista is the ultimate source of fashion news and analysis. We must share the same taste in high fashion because I tend to agree with the majority of their collection reviews.
It’s officially the end of the world as we know it! According to Fashionista.com, Fashion’s Night Out will not be returning to NYC this year. No more free cupcakes, champagne, and gift bags on the eve of Fashion Week. I’m absolutely devastated seeing that this was favorite night of year.
If the awful news about Fashion’s Night Out wasn’t enough, according to Refinery29, some crazy televangelist claims that our vintage clothes may be possessed by demons. Personally, I think he just doesn’t want 90s grunge and goth fashions to come back, but they totally are.
In happier news that doesn’t make you feel like you just fell face first on the runway at Fashion Week, Derek Lam is doing a spring collaboration with Kohl’s and this is my favorite piece! See the entire collection on The Budget Babe.
Dolce & Gabbana showed their Fall 2013 collection inspired by an ancient church at Milan Fashion Week. Like everyone else, I’m absolutely obsessed and secretly hoping the medieval style gold crowns catch on. See all the looks on Style.com.
If it’s wrong for socialites to like Target, I don’t want to be right. Their clothes are actually high quality and I have gotten some of my best (and cheapest) bathing suits there. So when Target releases a new designer line, it is always a happy day for me. What can I say? Sometimes all a girl needs is something cheap-chic. Pictures from the much anticipated Missoni For Target line have finally hit the web. This look book release came after Margherita Maccapani Missoni herself sent some sneak peaks over to Marina from the blog all the way here. According to The Budget Babe, Marina has been hired to model Target’s Missoni line.
Aside from the incredibly brightly colored textile knits that have become a signature of this line, Missoni for Target offers everything from children’s clothes, to luggage, dishes, menswear, and tons of useful accessories. It’s certainly beginning to look a lot like fall!
They really thought of everything. You can even get a bike to go with your outfit.
Let’s fly to Paris!
Socialites are no strangers to finding themselves front row at major fashion shows. Thanks to the generous invite of Lucky Magazine and Express, I found myself front row at Express’ 2011 Holiday Collection Preview in Times Square just a few feet away from Catherine Malandrino. Prior to showing their holiday collection, Express broke a record earlier that day for the biggest fashion show ever setting a world record for the most people to walk down a runway.
Before the show, seven other bloggers including My Visa Hates Me, Pretty Connected, Court and Hudson, MissWhoever You Are, Sweet Caroline in the City, Diary of a Fashion Addict, The Budget Babe, and I were invited to the penthouse of the Muse Hotel for some pre-runway drinks and makeup touch ups with Pre-Dame. I absolutely loved the makeup they chose for me complimented by my first set of false eyelashes, which were perfect for the occasion. After getting glam at The Muse, we were off to the heart of Times Square for some backstage access into the show. I have to say that this was the hottest runway show I have ever been to in far more ways than one. In the mist of a heat wave, the models flawlessly walked down the runway in this year’s winter fashions and holiday dresses. The energy was absolutely amazing and I am so honored to have been chosen to be a part of it.
Makeup with Pre-Dame.
Express takes Times Square.
Look at me! I’m backstage!
Socialites love bling and this skirt has it!
Express’ Holiday 2011 Collection is full of sparkle. Prefect for holiday party dresses.
Love the blue in the skirt and of course the sparkles in the top.
Can you spot Catherine Malandrino?
Hot male model in some cool Express winter wear.
Bloggers on the Runway.
Disclaimer: Aspiring Socialite was gifted a $200 Express Gift Card along with Express’ Mesh Overlay Rouched Dress and Tiered Fringe Long Necklace to wear to the fashion show.