#1: Joan Rivers and most of the E! Fashion Police may disagree, but my absolute favorite look from the 2013 Oscar Red Carpet was Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen.
#2: I must be really drawn to Alexander McQueen because my second favorite Oscar Best Dressed pick was the lovely Salma Hayek also in McQueen.
#3: The dress that made the biggest statement was absolutely Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta. This is such a statement red carpet dress that’s both elegant and whimsical.
#4: Unlike the majority of the fashion community, I wasn’t crazy about Jennifer Lawrence’s white Dior number on the red carpet. But, the metallic dress she rocked at the Vanity Fair After Party was 100% Best Actress worthy.
#5: Jessica Chastain looked like a living Oscar statue in Giorgio Armani.
Tonight is the night of the 85th Annual Academy Awards and I’m super excited! Not because I’ve seen most of the movies, but to watch the red carpet of course. The suspense of what Hollywood’s hottest celebrities will be wearing is enough to drive any fashionista insane. Though the Oscars are a night of glamour for some, I much prefer to watch the red carpet, awards ceremony, and after parties at home in the comfort of a stylish pair of pajamas. To make this night a celebrity status experience, there are a few must-haves every girl who isn’t walking the red carpet should have while watching the Academy Awards:
1. Champagne: Everyday is a good day to drink like the stars. When you’re celebrating a great year in film, champagne is a must.
2. Popcorn Cakes: To go along with the whole movie theme, you’ve got to break out the popcorn. I personally, recommend low calorie popcorn cakes.
3. Stylish Pajamas: If you’re not in the market for a best dressed worthy evening gown for Oscar night, pick up a stylish pair of new pajamas. I love these Bedhead Pajamas from Bergdorf Goodman.
4. Comfy Slippers: Even for a casual night at home, footwear is still important, especially on a cold February night. My pick for this award goes to these Jessica Simpson Faux-Fur Slippers.
5. Drink Accessories: Aside from drinking champagne in your pajamas, I love coming up with cocktail recipes that go along with the nominated films. These Ice Princess Ice Cube Straws are perfect to put the finishing touches on your Oscar-themed cocktails.
The 83rd Annual Academy Awards are so close that I can almost feel the softness of the red carpet under my feet. Soon James Franco and Anne Hathaway will be famously standing on stage announcing this year’s much-anticipated winners. I know they say it every year, but this has truly been a great year in film. With The Social Network and Black Swan as my frontrunners, I predict that a select few will be walking away with numerous awards. Since I have been too busy following the engagement of William and Kate religiously, I have yet to see The King’s Speech, but I believe that film will also take away its share of awards.
As every socialite knows, no awards show is ever about who wins, but about who Joan Rivers and the rest of her Fashion Police posse deem the best and worst dressed. Ever since I was a little girl, the designs of Oscar de la Renta have always been my favorite on the red carpet. So it is going to be a very close race between Oscar de la Renta and Vera Wang as to who will win the Oscar for designing my wedding gown. Truth is always stranger than fiction. Since I’m a little bit dramatic when it comes to just about everything, I think that maybe I should get an Oscar for playing myself in real life. I have done an excellent job and it’s not my fault that there weren’t any cameras there for my most tragically beautiful moments. So this year as I watch the biggest movie stars of the moment walk the red carpet at the Academy Awards while tweeting simultaneously, I will not cease to remember that I aspire to be myself only in a far more iconic way.