Feeling sleepy? We always think of style as a waking hours kind of thing. There’s certainly a surplus of adorable daytime looks for the office and edgy evening ensembles designed to command attention while out on the town. But, even the most fabulous of fashionistas often neglect the recommended 8 hours a day dedicated to sleep and quiet relaxation. In other words, not only are we not getting enough beauty sleep, we’re leaving a large chunk of our days/lives with a wardrobe of free t-shirts and decade-old sweatpants. Even I’m among the guilty.
That being said, I must admit that styling for bedtime isn’t easy. Whenever I make plans to go on a group vacation somewhere overnight, I always prepare by shopping for a cute pair of pajamas. However, when it comes to locating the perfect PJs, it’s incredibly difficult to find something that doesn’t look like sexy lingerie, Grandma’s nightie, or like you were shopping in the children’s department. The big department stores (both high and low-end) usually have the best sleepwear selections either close to or in their intimates department. I don’t recommend wearing makeup or couture to bed or anything, but with all the hours we spend sleeping, it’s time we made bedtime stylish again.
1. Jenni by Jennifer Moore Slinky Knit Tank Top and Pajama Pants Set 2. Gilligan & O’Malley Women’s Knit Black Chemise 3. Mary Green Sleeping Eye Mask 4. Yogi Wellness Bedtime Tea 5. Cosabella Amore Nightshirt
Tonight is the night of the 85th Annual Academy Awards and I’m super excited! Not because I’ve seen most of the movies, but to watch the red carpet of course. The suspense of what Hollywood’s hottest celebrities will be wearing is enough to drive any fashionista insane. Though the Oscars are a night of glamour for some, I much prefer to watch the red carpet, awards ceremony, and after parties at home in the comfort of a stylish pair of pajamas. To make this night a celebrity status experience, there are a few must-haves every girl who isn’t walking the red carpet should have while watching the Academy Awards:
1. Champagne: Everyday is a good day to drink like the stars. When you’re celebrating a great year in film, champagne is a must.
2. Popcorn Cakes: To go along with the whole movie theme, you’ve got to break out the popcorn. I personally, recommend low calorie popcorn cakes.
4. Comfy Slippers: Even for a casual night at home, footwear is still important, especially on a cold February night. My pick for this award goes to these Jessica Simpson Faux-Fur Slippers.
5. Drink Accessories: Aside from drinking champagne in your pajamas, I love coming up with cocktail recipes that go along with the nominated films. These Ice Princess Ice Cube Straws are perfect to put the finishing touches on your Oscar-themed cocktails.