I love statement pieces along with products made in New York so when I discovered Quoise, a New York City-based company specializing in handcrafted statement hair accessories designed to turn heads, I just couldn’t get enough of these beautiful bejeweled headpieces fit for an urban princess. This accessory collection designed by Ashlie Darrel, a fashion reality show alumna, turned fashion professional, turned entrepreneur, is both affordable and versatile. The elegant rhinestone Diamante headband I’m wearing retails for only $35. Quoise has been sold at Henri Bendel, Warren Tricomi Salon, Blush Saint Martin, and more. This spring, the line is expanding to include jewelry and I can’t wait!
Enter to win a Quoise headband and shine like a diamond in the sky by following these 3 steps:
3. Comment on this post telling me what you like best about Quoise.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, but the opinions are all my own.
I’m not one of those people that always has their shoes matched perfectly to their bag. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but a perfect match isn’t that big of a priority for me on most days. However, there are some items (often from different stores and designers) that go so well together that you can’t help, but smile when you see them in outfit form. After finding a couple perfect matches during one of my many late nights of online shopping, I knew I needed to show them off. When it comes to love, there may not be that many perfect matches, but in fashion, it gives me some piece of mind to know that the combinations are endless.
Lately, I’ve been feeling like something is missing from my wardrobe and I soon realized it was a supply of statement necklaces. Statement jewelry is not only all the rage, they’re also a great wardrobe investment that can add a personal flare to any outfit. But, they don’t have to be an investment at all. Though many dazzling statement pieces retail in the $400-$600 range, there are plenty of adorable statement pieces for under $50 and even as low as under $20. They’re perfect to wear to a job interview or important meeting as a stylish way to be remembered. Here are some of my favorite statement necklaces all for under $50:
1. Pink & Orange Stone Charm Statement Necklace ($16.00) 2. 2b Store Cinderella Statement Necklace ($16.95) 3. Natasha Faceted Round Statement Necklace ($38.00) 4. ASOS Spring Stone Necklace ($42.39) 5. Sabine Flower Cabachon Statement Necklace on Piperlime ($42.00) 6. Alfani Gold-Tone Glass Teardrop Statement Necklace ($18.99)
It may not feel like it, but spring is just around the corner and the trends are beginning to bloom. One trend I’ve recently spotted are Mid Knuckle or Above the Knuckle Rings. Though these rings are interesting, I’m not sure how I feel about this new jewelry trend. Sure they’re unique and can compliment your pastel spring nail polish, but wearing rings above your knuckles can also look awkward and uncomfortable. In other words, I’m kind of in a hot or not debate over the mid knuckle ring trend. So I want to hear your opinion. Let me know what you think of this new spring accessory in the comment section. If you like what you see, you can find the above rings on MissKL, Etsy, and Planet Blue. Happy Commenting!
Now that Awards Season is finally here, I spend the majority of my time evaluating and reevaluating the red carpet looks of the stars. This seasonal obsession with the stars in Hollywood got me thinking about the universe and accessories designed around the stars above us. Living under the bright lights of New York may make you feel like a movie star once in a while, but between the lights and tall buildings, you rarely get to gaze at an actual constellation. So I make up for my lack of stargazing by accessorizing. Here are a few of my favorite universe-themed accessories:
1. Betsey Johnson Multi Charm Blue Necklace: I love all the different charms of planets, moons, and stars on this statement celestial necklace.
2. Supernova Table Lamp: Having this lamp is kind of like having the universe on your nightstand.
3. Rock Star Ring: For the rock star in you.
4. Deborah Lippmann Dark Side of the Moon: Nail polishes always have the coolest names and this is the perfect name for this dark mysterious color.
5. Estee Lauder Pleasures Shooting Star Perfume Compact: So glam! Sometimes the best part of perfumes aren’t the scents, but the packaging.