I’ve never been one to make New Year’s Resolutions because I don’t believe in making promises that you have no intention of keeping. But, here we are three days into the New Year and I already have five resolutions that I’d like to hold myself to in 2013. As you will see at the bottom of this post, I even have a new footer I’m trying out in an attempt to increase my social media following. I’ve come to realize that New Year’s Resolutions aren’t about changing yourself. They are about becoming a better version of who you already are. So by 2014, I’m planning on becoming Vicky+ complete with less inches on my waist, more money in the bank, and more traffic on my blog.
Here are my first ever New Year’s Resolutions:
1. Do More Photo Shoots: Now that I have an amazing new camera, I’m ready to model my favorite looks on Aspiring Socialite with professional level photos. Once I get a tripod, I may even be able to take the photos myself.
2. Take Vitamins: I recently found out how important it is for vegetarians to take vitamins. Now that I’ve been taking a B12 vitamin everyday that I was previously lacking in my vegetarian diet, I have so much more energy.
3. Be More Financially Responsible: To be perfectly honest, I tend to be rather reckless with the little money that I have. This year, I’m going to try to save where I can and maybe even take on some freelance writing gigs for extra cash.
4. Hit the Gym: I know this is the biggest cliché and I may just be becoming one of the millions of people who crowd gyms across America every January and are never seen again come March, but I really do need to start working out again, especially if I’m going to star in all those fashion photo shoots this year. Plus, now that I’ve discovered vitamin B12, I have so much more energy to take on the treadmill for some much needed cardio.
5. Eat Better: Here we have yet another New Year’s Resolution cliché. But, when you want to lose a few pounds, changing your diet is kind of a must. I’d also like to start going to bed earlier, but with so many great television shows beginning at 1 a.m, I can’t promise that. For the record, I don’t plan on cutting back on champagne because in a perfect world, every morning would be Christmas morning and every night New Year’s Eve.