Close your eyes and picture trees swaying in the breeze, steam rising up from the bubbling hot tub, scented candles glowing, margaritas and champagne flowing. After a long week at the office, why not throw a party filled with relaxation and TLC that no guest could turn down an invitation to. Transforming your backyard into a stylish spa oasis for the night will be an experience for guests to remember.
Hot Tub Illumination
The hot tub will no doubt be a popular focal point for your spa-themed evening. Draw guests into the water with alternating colored lights from beneath the water. Guests will flock as the steam above the water blends from one color to the next. Be sure to give these new hot tub parts a test run before the big night.
Some guests will come to soothe themselves after being on their feet all week. Create an area that acts as a natural extension for guests leaving the hot tub:Set up comfy bean bag chairs or throw over-stuffed pillows on deck chairs with fluffy fleece blankets.
- Place a small nesting table beside each chair with lavender and mint eye-masks.
- Offer a centralized area among this grouped seating with fruit and herbal water to rehydrate after the long soak in the hot tub.
- Place a speaker behind this area that still allows guests to enjoy music, but at a more muted level.
Overstock is a great place to select unique furniture to create this look without breaking the bank.
There are two things that don’t mix in the spa: glass and ice. We’ve got the solution for that:
- Fancy glassware: Just because it isn’t glass doesn’t mean it can’t be attractive. Choose white melamine stemware that can be frozen beforehand to create a frosted touch to keep bubbles crisp.
- Light up ice cubes: The morning of your party, place trays of light-up cubes in the freezer. When it’s time to party, display cubes on an ice block or large bowl of shaved ice.
- Illuminated ice buckets: Nobody likes warm champagne. To keep guests happily imbibing, place illuminated buckets with champagne around the seating areas so guests may help themselves throughout the night.
Conversation Plates for Easy Mingling
Guests love to eat, drink and chat, but juggling a plate and drink between each hand makes it hard to relax. Offer guests stylish acrylic plates designed with a cut out area to balance stemware. Now they’ll have a hand free to shake and converse with. The Gifted Grape offers this style of dinnerware in several sizes and finishes.
A little game of croquet goes a long way to help strangers become friends. A fun way to break the ice, croquet is a sleek and stylish game that’s great for guys and gals. For guests looking to enliven their night, a colorful classic croquet set from the Relaxation Station set up in your yard can be an inviting sight. Be sure to place one of your illuminated champagne buckets near the station for thirsty guests to get a refill as they play. Anthropology boasts a beautiful set your guests will love.