For me, fashion is serious business. So I put together an ultra sophisticated fall look with some of my favorite pieces from Warby Parker and Express. Then I headed to Williamsburg in Brooklyn for some more Autumn-inspired elegance.
Most of you probably haven’t seen me in glasses before because I’m a part time glasses wearer. I need them to drive and to see things far away. But even if I didn’t need them I would still totally head over to Warby Parker and pick out a pair because their styles are all so cute and classic. The frames that fit me best were Oliver in Whiskey Tortoise. I always feel ultra chic and smart when I wear them.
With a range of affordable and easy to care for eyeglasses, I recommend Coastal Contacts for anyone looking for the latest styles and classic fashions. Every potential glasses wearer should also be fully aware of the best ways to look after their favorite pair of glasses and make them last as long as possible. All glasses wearers, from newbies to long-standing devotees, should take a careful look at the following tips to ensure their specs are sparkling.
1. Always aim to clean your glasses regularly and correctly with a specially designed solution. This can also be used alongside treated microfiber hand cloths to keep glasses in the best of condition. Always rinse any excess moisture thoroughly and then allow to air dry.
2. Make sure that your glasses are protected in the best possible way. When you’re not wearing them, always store them in a hard glasses case. This goes double for night time, when a stray arm or leg can easily knock a pair of specs to the floor, possibly causing damage.
3. Inspect regularly! Make sure that the screws are tightened correctly and that the frames are perfectly in proportion and aligned correctly and comfortably. If they happen to be loose, you can use a small precision screwdriver to tighten the screws. If you are not feeling too confident in doing this, a local optician will usually be able to do it as a courtesy.
4. Never store your glasses near sources of heat. Leaving specs by a radiator or a fireplace can easily warp frames and significantly weaken treated lenses. Simply pay attention to just where you’re putting your specs down, and always use your hardened carry case.
5. Make sure your glasses stay secure during sports and activities with an eyeglasses chain or strap. These accessories can instantly stop any looseness or danger of slipping off the face. An obvious must in energetic endeavours, these products can save your glasses from the brink of disaster!
6. Use both hands when taking specs off. It may well remind you of an intellectual old professor to remove them one handed, but in terms of glasses protection it is a definite no-no. Slowly and evenly take them off with two hands, so as not to put any unwarranted pressure on the frames.
7. Always avoid placing your specs on the top of head. No matter how relaxed it may seem, it could potentially cause all sorts of problems for your beloved pair. Hair grease and fibers can create a harmful form of damage and the hard skull of the head can bend the frames out of alignment.
This guest post was written by Serenay Taylor, a freelance style and fashion writer. She is also a full-time glasses wearer.
Shopping for sunglasses can be tough. Not everything you like will look good on your face, and you’re going to initially dislike some of the styles that look best on you. But, it’s not all about looks, it’s also about personality. There are sunglasses for each temperament; you just have to find the right ones! Just answer these five questions prior to going sunglasses shopping and you’ll be home with your new babies in no time.
1. Do you want attention? If the answer is yes, then opt for oversized frames and indulge in embellishments of all sorts. Go for the funky, colorful frames. If the answer is no, decide on the classics with small frames that fit your face in neutral colors.
2. Are you active? If you’re into sports and being outdoors, go for sports sunglasses. They have high protection lenses and will keep your eyes safe and sound. If you’re not that active, you can go for fashion sunglasses which offer UV protection, but are also stylish.
3. Do you want to be a trendsetter? If you’re a follower, you’ll go for bling and/or mirror lenses. If you want to set the trend, look for unique sunglasses at thrift shops, vintage fairs, or on Etsy. Click here for more trendsetting styles.
4. Are you in charge? If you want to show your authority, wear aviator sunglasses. They’re often associated with power, since they were initially worn by policemen. If you are submissive, go for a classic Wayfarer style that is square and easy to wear.
5. Are you a romantic? If you’re nostalgic over decades you haven’t even lived in, select classic Hollywood styles of oversized, oval sunglasses or cat eyes. If you’re a realistic modern girl, go for the round sunglasses with a keyhole brow or steampunk frames.