Socialites need their downtime and everyone knows that the higher you climb up the social ladder the more ski vacations and holiday parties you are committed to attending over the winter. Books are an excellent way for current and aspiring socialites alike to relax and dream. This Holiday Season, I am proud to present the first ever Aspiring Socialite Winter Reading List full of the ultimate high society fireside reads.
1. A Matter of Style: How 10 Famous Women Changed Fashion profiles 10 of the most elegant women in history including Coco Chanel, Lady Diana, Grace Kelly, and Marilyn Monroe. Breathtaking photography brings these iconic women and their style back to life. The book is the perfect inspiration for anyone looking to recreate a vintage glam look.
2. American Wife is the fictional story of Alice Lindgren, a naive girl who catches the eye of a privileged Ivy Leaguer who is not only charming, but also the heir to a political dynasty. Though fiction, the story is based on the real life of First Lady Laura Bush.
3. Kardashian Konfidential shows the human side behind three of the biggest famous for being famous reality TV celebrities. It contains childhood memorabiliaÂ¬â€ along with Kardashian style secrets and business strategies.
4. The Overnight Socialite is a modern Cinderella/My Fair Lady hybrid that tells the story of Lucy Jo Ellis, a small town girl who moves to Manhattan with dreams of becoming a fashion designer. She finds herself going nowhere until she meets Wyatt Hayes IV who makes her New York’s hottest It girl, but with questionable intentions.
5. Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang every socialite needs a laugh and who better to give it to them than Chelsea Handler.