With a range of affordable and easy to care for eyeglasses, I recommend Coastal Contacts for anyone looking for the latest styles and classic fashions. Every potential glasses wearer should also be fully aware of the best ways to look after their favorite pair of glasses and make them last as long as possible. All glasses wearers, from newbies to long-standing devotees, should take a careful look at the following tips to ensure their specs are sparkling.
1. Always aim to clean your glasses regularly and correctly with a specially designed solution. This can also be used alongside treated microfiber hand cloths to keep glasses in the best of condition. Always rinse any excess moisture thoroughly and then allow to air dry.
2. Make sure that your glasses are protected in the best possible way. When you’re not wearing them, always store them in a hard glasses case. This goes double for night time, when a stray arm or leg can easily knock a pair of specs to the floor, possibly causing damage.
3. Inspect regularly! Make sure that the screws are tightened correctly and that the frames are perfectly in proportion and aligned correctly and comfortably. If they happen to be loose, you can use a small precision screwdriver to tighten the screws. If you are not feeling too confident in doing this, a local optician will usually be able to do it as a courtesy.
4. Never store your glasses near sources of heat. Leaving specs by a radiator or a fireplace can easily warp frames and significantly weaken treated lenses. Simply pay attention to just where you’re putting your specs down, and always use your hardened carry case.
5. Make sure your glasses stay secure during sports and activities with an eyeglasses chain or strap. These accessories can instantly stop any looseness or danger of slipping off the face. An obvious must in energetic endeavours, these products can save your glasses from the brink of disaster!
6. Use both hands when taking specs off. It may well remind you of an intellectual old professor to remove them one handed, but in terms of glasses protection it is a definite no-no. Slowly and evenly take them off with two hands, so as not to put any unwarranted pressure on the frames.
7. Always avoid placing your specs on the top of head. No matter how relaxed it may seem, it could potentially cause all sorts of problems for your beloved pair. Hair grease and fibers can create a harmful form of damage and the hard skull of the head can bend the frames out of alignment.
This guest post was written by Serenay Taylor, a freelance style and fashion writer. She is also a full-time glasses wearer.
Known as lovers of authenticity, revivers of retro fashion, and promoters of underground music, hipsters are a growing subculture that we still feel we don’t have the whole scoop on. But, regardless of the loathing they may attract for one reason or another, you can always count on their unique fashion sense. After all, these are the people who brought the Wayfarers back! Speaking of which, here are five popular hipster sunglasses I can’t get enough of, as worn by the stars:
1. Ralph Lauren 8071W Sunglasses, as seen on Leandra Medine (Man Repeller.) Houndstooth print is what makes these sunglasses stand out. However, it’s the simple shape that makes them so good: small round lenses and a keyhole nose bridge. They’ve also been sported by Kirsten Dunst and Beyonce.
2. Ray Ban Wayfarers, as seen on Robert Pattinson. As mentioned before, Wayfarers are a huge part of hipster fashion. Men and women wear them alike, whether they’re famous or not. And while a simple, black frame can be stylish, colorful, printed frames are way more hip. Find more styles by clicking here.
3. Karen Walker Northern Lights, as seen on Alexa Chung. When Karen Walker used “advanced” models to showcase their eyewear collection, all hipsters went wild. This particular style features an oversized cat eye shape – so retro! – in classic tortoiseshell.
4. Urban Outfitters Heartbreaker Sunglasses, as seen on Lana del Rey. The singer revives Lolita style with her famous heart shaped sunglasses. She even sings about them in “Diet Mountain Dew” and “Every Man Gets His Wish,” as a reference to the famous Nabokov movie and the resulting movie.
5. Prada 04PS Sunglasses, as seen on Katy Perry. Embellished sunglasses couldn’t have been missing from this hipster list! These Pradas feature gemstones all across the upper side of the frames, combined with a retro inspired cat eye shape, and they’ve also been spotted on Rihanna.
As the weather warms up, the world is reminded that it is that time of year again when the Hollywood elite are transported to the French Riviera for decadent parties, exclusive events, and copious amounts of movie watching, otherwise known as the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival. In typical French manner, fashion was at the forefront of the scene and one particular gilded guardian stole the spotlight. From glistening lemon hues to sunshine yellows, gold jewelry become Cannes’ simplest yet most luxurious style statement.
Naomi Watts and Sharon Stone were just a few fashionistas to be spotted wearing gold throughout the festival. At LoveGold’s Ultimate Gold Collection Fashion Show, Anna Dello Russo wore a gold Bulgari necklace that complemented the charm of her flamenco inspired skirt. So take a fresh step this summer, say goodbye to the shiny silver counterparts, and go bold with gold.
With summer just around the corner, Silver Linings shoe liners are a must-have accessory for any fashionista sporting her favorite pair of summer shoes. Not only do they keep your feet fresh and odor-free during those sweaty summer months, they also preserve your shoe interiors significantly lengthening the life of your shoes. I personally love how they maintain that new shoe feeling and keep your feet in place making your heels more comfortable. Each pair lasts 10-15 uses and is infused with Agion silver to inhibit the growth of bacterial odor.
Jennifer Chu invented Silver Linings while working a 9 to 5 office job where she wore her pumps for 12+ continuous hours each day, without socks. She soon discovered that the interior of her shoes were wearing down faster than the exterior and that many of her favorite pairs had to be thrown away when they they acquired an unpleasant odor. She found the answer to her shoe peril along with forever fresh and clean shoes when she came up with the idea for Silver Linings. Her and her shoes have lived happily ever after ever since.
To win a pair of Silver Linings comment on this post telling me about your favorite pair of heels!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, but the opinions are all my own.
I love statement pieces along with products made in New York so when I discovered Quoise, a New York City-based company specializing in handcrafted statement hair accessories designed to turn heads, I just couldn’t get enough of these beautiful bejeweled headpieces fit for an urban princess. This accessory collection designed by Ashlie Darrel, a fashion reality show alumna, turned fashion professional, turned entrepreneur, is both affordable and versatile. The elegant rhinestone Diamante headband I’m wearing retails for only $35. Quoise has been sold at Henri Bendel, Warren Tricomi Salon, Blush Saint Martin, and more. This spring, the line is expanding to include jewelry and I can’t wait!
Enter to win a Quoise headband and shine like a diamond in the sky by following these 3 steps:
3. Comment on this post telling me what you like best about Quoise.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, but the opinions are all my own.